2024


 

2024


A year of loss, a year of pain,

A friend departed, leaving only strain.

Farewell to school, to memories so dear,

A chapter closed, a new one unclear.


My girlfriend's health, a constant fear,

My friends' silence, a wound so hard to clear.

They blocked me out, stopped talking too,

Left me with questions, and a heart that's blue.


Depression's darkness, a weight so hard to bear,

But still I searched for love, for someone to care.

I found new faces, new smiles so bright,

But none could replace the friends who took flight.


I'm left with memories, of laughter and of tears,

Wondering why they left, and why they stopped caring for years.

The year is ending, a new one's born,

I'll bid farewell to the heartache and scorn.


Perhaps the new year will bring a brighter day,

A chance to heal, to love again, to find my way.


~Anthony Mushahary 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"THE WEIGHT OF GUILT"

"ECHOES OF YOU"

DESTINY