"UNSEEN GRATITUDE"


"Unspoken Gratitude"

A father's toil, a son's regret
For words unspoken, hugs unmet
The weight of work, the stress he bears
A silent thanks, in hidden tears

His hands, a map of endless labor
Providing for us, his constant favor
The creases deep, the eyes that strain
A father's love, in every pain

I yearn to say, to hug and share
The gratitude, that's hard to declare
But fear and doubt, they hold me tight
Leaving thanks unspoken, in the night

His sacrifices, a sea so wide
A depth of love, I cannot hide
Yet words evade, my voice does fail
A silent son, with an unspoken tale

Perhaps someday, I'll find my voice
And thank him, with a heartfelt choice
Embracing tight, with tears of joy
For all his love, his endless employ

Until then, I'll hold it true
And silently thank him, anew.


–Anthony N Mushahary 
(Maxx N Mushahary)  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"THE WEIGHT OF GUILT"

"ECHOES OF YOU"

DESTINY